Image Map

Sunday, October 23, 2011

What's for dinner?

This is what we've been eating this week for dinner. I'd love to give you recipes but most of these have all had an inspiration recipe but then I just rolled with the punches and tweaked things as I went. I really do try to stick to a recipe but just can't stay focused enough.


Coconut Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry with Broccoli, Bok Choy and Brown Rice

Here is the basic run down of the sauce:
Coconut Milk
Soy Sauce
Honey 
Ginger
Lemon Grass
I stir-fry my veggies then let them rest while I brown the chicken add the sauce to my wok then add the veggies back in and add a slurry of cornstarch and water to thicken and serve on brown  rice. 
This is my basic stir-fry I just swap out proteins, veggies, and sauce ingredients.


Baked Chicken Nuggets, Baked Parmesan Zucchini with Faxby Sauce and Caramelized Onion Balsamic Sauce


 Ok, this one was easy but time consuming. The chicken is easy. I use kitcehn shears to cut the chicken into nuggets. Coat them in a beaten egg then toss in a gallon storage bag with  Panko Bread Crumbs. Bake ate 350 F until cooked through and golden brown. You can see some of mine are extra crispy, almost blackened, but that is the way the hubby likes them. You may need to flip them half way through cooking. 

For the zucchini cut into "fry" shapes and coat your sliced zucchini the same as the chicken but add some salt. Bake and right before you take it out add shredded Parmesan to the top and give it another minute or two. 

For the sauces all I can do is tell you what is in them because I have no earthly idea what the measurements were.

Faxby Sauce (my knock off of Zaxby's sauce)

mayo
ketchup
garlic powder
anchovies (trust me here)
just a drop of honey
Worcestershire sauce
lemon juice (if needed) 
salt
black pepper lots and lots of black pepper

Caramelized Onion Balsamic Sauce

caramelized onions, pureed or finley chopped
balsamic vinegar (I used blueberry balsamic this time)
I make this one in the pan. Caramelize your onions then deglaze the pan with vinegar. Turn down to a simmer add the rest of your ingredients. 
salt (just a pinch or two)
honey or agave nectar
black pepper
spicy brown mustard



 Sweet and Spice Chicken with Pomegranate Carrots


I made a rub for the chicken out of
Brown Sugar
Salt
Cumin 
Spicy Brown Mustard
Garlic
a very tiny bit of Sriracha
Marinated the chicken in the rub for a couple of hours and brown in a skillet that can go from stove top to oven. Once brown bake in the oven until cooked through.

Cut the carrots into match sticks then steam in chicken or veggie broth. Once tender crisp add honey, spicy brown mustard, pomegranate juice and salt to pan a finish cooking until sauce is thickened and carrots are tender.

Creamy Cauliflower Soup


For this one I can actually give the recipe. It's from Annie's Eats. It is super yummy!

1 comment:

  1. My wife is absolutely stealing the baked chicken nuggets one...looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete