Image Map

Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall in a bowl


Fall is upon us! And in this season I crave something special... Curry! It makes me feel warm inside like its hugging my tummy. And of course since it is fall, squash of some sort is a must for me. Why not combine the two? Genius if I do say so myself.  Then I asked myself what could make this pair even more comforting?!?!??!!? Make it a soup!  And this little beauty was born.





Thai Butternut Squash Soup
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced ginger
2 tablespoons minced lemongrass
2 tablespoons curry paste
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
4 cups chicken or veggie stock
1 medium/large butternut squash cubed
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
juice of a lemon
for garnish
heavy whipping cream
dry roasted peanuts, chopped

In a large pot sauté the garlic, ginger and lemongrass for a minute or two. Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add in coconut milk and stock. Bring to boil and add squash. Cook for 15-20 minutes on medium heat. Once squash is tender add soy sauce and lemon juice. Puree using an emulsion blender or food processor. Taste and season accordingly. Top with drizzle of cream and peanuts. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment