Image Map

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

I'm back, finally! Sort of... This is just a short post for now and crossing my fingers to be back soon. I made so amazing BBQ chicken in my slow cooker a couple of weeks ago. So easy and gooooooood.





You'll need: 
6 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
2 18oz bottles of BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
1 bottle of beer (we used Samuel Adams Boston Lager)
garlic powder
onion powder




Place the thawed chicken in the crock pot. Pour 1 1/2 bottles of BBQ sauce over the chicken, along with the beer. Sprinkle on just enough of the powder to lightly cover. Cook on low for 6 hours. Shred chicken with two forks toss back into slow cooker. Use the remainder of the sauce for extra for the sandwich.

for the slaw
You'll need:
1 head of cabbage
salt
honey
juice of 1 lime

Shred or chop your cabbage to the texture you like. Mix in the ingredients to taste.

I started making this slaw for fish tacos but it is the only slaw that I can get my husband to eat so it is the only slaw allowed in our house now. But it is so good I will eat a bowl of just slaw for lunch some days. Does that make we strange? If you think that makes me strange you must not know me then... Just sayin...



No comments:

Post a Comment