Image Map

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Stuffed Baked Pumpkins

First of all let me apologize for crappy call phone pics, in true Ashley fashion I've miss placed my camera battery charger. But I kid you not these pumpkins are AMAZEBALLS!!!! I got the idea from my Mom when she made a similar recipe she discovered last fall. One small baking pumpkin (not the teeny little decorative kind) is enough for two people and would be fine with out any sides. I made roasted root vegetables to go with ours. I peeled and cut parsnips, carrot and sweet potatoes and tossed in some cubed apples. I tossed them in olive oil and salt and pepper and roasted them along with the pumpkin. They were a delicious pairing with the pumpkin but like I said you could easily have this as a one dish meal.


For the pumpkin you will need:
1 small baking pumpkin
1/3 cup of Gouda cheese grated (or any cheese of your choosing, brie would be fabulous also)
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 apples peeled and cubed
salt and pepper to taste 
1/8 cup brown sugar
half and half

Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut the top off the pumpkin and discard the guts. Combine cheese, apples, pecans, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Fill the pumpkin with the apple mixture then pour in half and half until it comes 3/4 way up the inside of the pumpkin. Roast for approx 30-45 minutes, until apples and pumpkin are cooked through and tender. Allow to cool slightly and dive straight in the pumpkin with a spoon! 





No comments:

Post a Comment