Image Map

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Pear Prosciutto Pizza

Pear, Prosciutto, Arugula and Balsamic Reduction with Fresh Mozzarella and Romano Cheese

So you're thinking I've gone mad right? Well maybe I have, but not because of this pizza. This is the most genius thing I've made in a longgggg time. While the pizza was in the oven I looked at my husband and he had a fear in his eyes, fear that he was going to have to go to bed hungry that night. He was pleasantly surprised. I ate two slices and he ate THE REST OF THE PIZZA!!! He has been known to stuff himself if he likes something but this is like nothing I've seen before. He was miserable and I was happy and rewarded. This pizza is a little odd sounding at first if you've never eaten anything like but I tell you it is wonderful. 


It was good! I mean good good GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not great for my diet but who cares when it tastes so wondermus. Yep, I just made up a word, deal with it.  


I use this pizza dough. It is the best I've tried. You could always buy a premade crust but there is nothing better than a homemade in my opinion. 

For the Balsamic Reduction you will need:

1 cup balsamic vinegar

In a small sauce pan simmer the vinegar over medium heat until it has reduced by half and is thickened. Let sit at room temperature until you are ready to eat. Refrigerate any leftovers.

To top pizza you will need:
2 pears, peeled and sliced
4 oz of fresh mozzarella, shredded or sliced
3 oz romano cheese, shredded
several slices or prosciutto
a handful of arugula, roughly chopped
olive oil

Brush the crust with olive oil. I added half the cheese then pears and prosciutto top with remaining cheese. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.  Once out of the oven sprinkle on the arugula and drizzle over the balsamic glaze. Slice and Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment