Image Map

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Currently.

Beef Tongue Tacos is where it's at!

Sorry I missed last weeks post. I was running around like a crazy woman packing at the time I would have normally been writing. And I'm sorry I haven't posted this past week and that I'm three days late with this weeks post, I have the plaque. Well, it's not the plaque but it feels like it. The husband took a sick day so he could take me to the ER, we actually decided to go to the CVS Minute Clinic, and I'm glad we did, I was in and out within an hour and had my prescriptions filled while I waited, which meant I came home and slept the rest of the day. Apparently if I had waited until Monday like I planned I would have been an much worse shape, the nurse was shocked I didn't have pneumonia, yikes! I also learned my blood pressure was waaaaaayyyyy up, which coupled with this sinus infection and some of the other issues I have been having explains why I'm so exhausted all the time and why I have been having some serious vertigo problems. I'm way too young to be feeling this bad and honestly, we eat pretty healthy around here so I'm confused as to what's going on. I feel like I'm getting too complainy, yes, I did just make that up. So I'll just say, that I'm sorry if my posts get kind of sporadic, I just have too much on my plate right now.

My little sister, who shares my brain when it comes to food, recently made those tacos pictured at the top. She made them with beef tongue and I know some of you are thinking, what, the what is she talking about, or that's gross, but they were delicious! And, beef tongue is a normal part of the cow to consume in many parts of the world and apparently, even here in the states but it's just not as common. She also made the tortillas too. She's kind of a power house in the kitchen, she just doesn't know it yet.

I'm dying to either starting redoing our house or find a new place. It's all because of things like this kitchen, or this kitchen, or this bedroom. I guess I'll be working rearranging and doing some cheap up dates after Christmas until we decide what the future holds. Maybe it's all because I've watched a trillion episodes of Color Splash this week, while I layed around and trying to heal myself with my brain powers.

I planned to do a Halloween re-cap for y'all but didn't get great shots so for the time being this will have to do.
Caleb in his amazing Jack Skellington costume and throwing up the rock fist, cause, ya know, he's awesome!
Liam the little Minion. He's never likes hats but he wore the glasses and hat for almost an hour before he realized it was there. I threw together a Minnie Mouse costume out of things I already had. My poor husband didn't have time to come up with anything and was too busy helping me get everything together for all of us that he got left out this year. I think I want to do a family costume next year. I'll have to get all my boys on board though.

One the menu this week:
These adorable mini chocolate chip cookies
Carrot Coconut Soup
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Pizza
Crockpot Pulled Pork Chilli
           


No comments:

Post a Comment