Image Map

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Welcome To The Circus... A Baby Shower.



I am close to my aunt, Stephanie. She is my Dad's much younger sister and has always been a role model for me. When I was a kid she was my fashion icon now I am an adult I work to be the kind of wife and mother she is. So when she called me still stunned from the news that she was in fact pregnant, unexpectedly, I immediately started planning the shower. I called in my mom #2 Mitzi, my Nana Raylene, my sister Holly, and of course the big sister Michaela.  I looked through blogs and party planning sites for the perfect theme. I had a mustache and bow tie theme, a bubble theme and a couple of other themes but none really worked. Then I stumbled on a circus themed birthday party and I realized that it was perfect for her big, silly busy family. I knew if anyone would find humor in a circus theme she would and she did and loved the idea. I started by picking my color palette. I used primary colors, red, yellow and blue. I usually have some strange color combination in mind for my parties but this one screamed for traditional kids colors. Then I decided that Since we were welcoming baby into this circus of characters that I would give every one their very own act and a dessert to go along with it.

So I started with my uncle, Alex, if anyone can calm chaos of 4, soon to be 5, kids and cope with and encourage their tons of activities and can be heard over everyone it would be him. So he was the Ringleader.

Next I moved on to Steph, she is always on the go taking the kids from one activity to another or hosting events for the church or helping anyone in need. She always has so many balls in the air, naturally she is the Juggler.

The oldest is Carlye and I am pretty sure that this child has no fear and you probably shouldn't dare her do anything because she will do it. So I thought that the Tightrope Walker was the perfect act for her.

The next one is Elijah and he is super athletic, adorable and confident. The Strong Man seemed to be the perfect roll for him.

The next to youngest is Michaela. She always know what everyone is up to and has opinions on many topics so naturally The Fortune Teller was her act. She totally agreed and LOVED it.

Last but not least is Micah. He is a ball of energy who can literally climb walls. We think he is actually a mini ninja. The Acrobat a given for him.

These are the signs that Michaela, Holly and I made with my Cricut using the Carousel Cartridge.

The night before the shower we decided that little baby Zeke should have one too so we made him the Amazing Growing Boy.

We also made a few of the circus themed posters...

Now for the customized desserts...

The Ringleader's Big Top Cupcakes. 

Mini Mocha Cupcakes with A Chocolate Ganache

 Mini Key Lime Cupcake with a White Chocolate Buttercream


The Juggler's Truffle Balls
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

 The Tightrope Walker's Sky High Lemon Trifle with a Twizzler Rope

The Strong Man's Mustache Lollipop

The Fortune Teller's Magical Fluffy Stuff
Nana's Strawberry Fluff is a family favorite and was a must have.
The Acrobat's Twisted and Flipped Snack Mix
animal crackers, white chocolate covered pretzels and blueberry kettle corn.
The Growing Boy's Red Hot Fudge

Pineapple Lemonade

Baby Boy Blue Punch
This is what it looks like before the ice cream melts.
And this is after. Although the picture makes it look slightly green it is actually a very pretty baby blue.

We went pretty simple for decorations. I used the Cricut to cut out letters for the banner and Mitzi cut out pennant shapes. Michaela and Holly and I made flowers out of tissue paper and we used streamer to create a tent affect on the ceilings and the doors. We've only been in the house for about 2 months so the hubby hasn't gotten to hanging anything on the walls so I had a blank canvas to work with.








I wish some of the pictures were better but I people were arriving and it was cloudy out so a good shot was not in the cards for some things. I really loved this shower and had so much fun doing it. I really could not have done it without Holly Mitzi and Michaela! I will do another post for the recipes later on. oh and just for fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment