Image Map

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Chicken Burgers + Fondue + Family = The Good Life

Lee's brother is in town and after rescheduling this dinner 3 times, I think, we finally had everyone over. My brother-in-law, Mike, his friend Robyn and all four of my in-laws came for dinner. Thankfully everyone has a good time together and gets along well. 

We had not had dinner guest over yet, in this house. So it was totally disorganized and absolutely fun. Let us see here... My Facebook got hacked by Mike, he changed my status and picture. I was attacked by his and my FIL's FEET! Gross! I have a total foot phobia. A pirate's ghost inhabited my BIL for a moment or two.  We all laughed at Caleb running around like a wild man and talked about our upcoming cruise! Good times, good times. 
Oh and p.s. everything but the hamburger buns were gluten free. Why? Cause I'm awesome, that's why! Actually I think something is off in my brains wiring... I enjoy planning things around other people's dietary confinements. Maybe, because growing up I've always had issues with what I can and cannot eat because, I have psoriasis and it always throws a wrench into things... Or maybe I'm just weird!



Chicken Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries, Cherry Tomato and Mozzarella Salad with a Balsamic Reduction for the main course. We also has Terriyaki Honey Mustard and Curry Ketchup to accompany the burgers and fries.

And for dessert...

I made a quick Chocolate Fondue and made some chocolate cupcake minis with a gluten free cake mix and my MIL brought the fruit and marshmallows. I've had that fondue pot for going on four years now. It is about time I used it!

To make the burgers I just process boneless, skinless chicken breast with some mayo and herbs in my food processor. I usually figure a normal smallish breast makes 1.5 burgers so plan accordingly. I patted them out with wet hands so the meat doesn't stick and cooked them on my electric griddle until firm to the touch. That is it, easy peasy. My favorite thing on these is the terriyaki honey mustard. I just make my normal honey mustard and stir in terriyaki sauce. Just for the record La Choy is glunten free but Kikkoman is not.

The tomato salad is cherry tomato cut in half with torn mozzarella tossed on some olive oil, salt pepper and basil. I let that sit for a couple of hours and put a small sauce pan on the stove on low/medium and let it reduce to a syrup. Pour it over just before serving.

And in case you've ever wondered this is what hippo poo looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment