Image Map

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Morning Muffins!!!!


We are hosting out Christmas Morning Brunch again this year and I plan on scaling back the food... well I planned on it but it doesn't seem to be happening... Last year I made this granola and laid everything out for granola parfaits and they were DELICIOUS!!!! However, I wanted to change it up this year. My Mom and I have a tried and true muffin recipe so I'm remixing it with these two lovely flavors and a third yet to be determined flavor. I know you're all like Strawberry Pina Colada at Christmas!?!?! Well, that is how I roll, stank you very much. I like to mix it up and get CRAZYYYYYYY y'all!  Okay, maybe I'm just sleep deprived. I probably shouldn't write these when I haven't been sleeping often or while I'm listening to a playlist made of mostly Prince, Michael Buble and Outkast. Whatevs. 


For Basic Muffins:
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil
Raw sugar for topping*

Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease and flour muffin cups or toss in liners if you too cool to bother with all of that nonsense. (As you can see I am!) Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine  Make a well in center and set aside. In another bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Add all of the liquid to dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened and still lumpy. Add mix ins making sure not to over work. Spoon into cups approx 2/3 way full. Top with raw sugar and bake for 18-20 minutes.
* Optional but needed

For White Chocolate Pomegranate:
Prepare as above except
omit oil
add
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup white chocolate
seeds from one pomegranate


For Strawberry Pina Colada:
Prepare as above except
omit oil
swap milk for coconut milk
add
1/4 cup diced strawberry (if using frozen no need to thaw mix in still frozen)
1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 cup shredded coconut

You can see my sous chef admiring his work ready to dig in. 
and in other cuteness....
♥♥♥♥ Liam's new happy spot is staring up at the tree. ♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment