Image Map

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Chilled Pineapple aka Cruise Soup


Ya'll I need a vacation. I really really need to see this view again.
But since that isn't really possible at this moment, I whipped up something that I knew would take me and the Mr. back to the Bahamas. I made a chilled soup or "cruise soup" as we call it. It is a regular on any cruise line. They serve it as an appetizer and the type of fruit may vary. This one is pineapple but I have also made strawberry. It isn't something I would want as a meal but it is a perfect side to a salad. At least that is how we have it at our house. It is a simple and quick meal that is perfect when it is so hot the thought of turning on the stove makes you break out in a sweat. I use frozen fruit more often than not but fresh is probably the best. I usually make this on a whim and always have a bag of frozen, berries, peaches, pineapple or mango but occasionally I will have something fresh that I don't have any plans for and I will whip it up. 


1 ?oz bag of frozen fruit
1 cup of plain yogurt
1/2-1 cup of half and half or coconut milk
up to a 1/4 cup sugar

In a blender or food processor blend your fruit and yogurt. Once combined at you half and half until you get the right consistency. I prefer mine to be the consistency on a thin smoothie but that's up to you. Add sugar a tablespoon at a time until you get the sweetness you want.

* Fresh mint or basil would be an amazing addition to mix in at the end.
** This could also be served as a dessert course too.
*** I often like to top mine with a fine dice of fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment