Image Map

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Overnight Iced Coffee



I love love love ordering an iced or frozen coffee. But I could never duplicate it at home. Making a cup, mixing in cream and sugar and then pouring it over ice just isn't the same as what you can buy at a coffee shop. I was stumped until I stumbled upon a couple of different types of iced coffee, some used cream, some used milk, some used half and half but they all used sweetened condensed milk, one even used just sweetened condensed milk. I played around with the idea of what I was wanted until I settled on this recipe. At some point I may purchase a french press so that I can make a cold pressed coffee but for now making a cup with my Keurig the night before works just fine.


Before bed I brew one cup in a mason jar, I don't add anything to it, I just put on a lid and toss it in the fridge. The next morning I stagger to the kitchen take care of the boys breakfast beverages and make my coffee. I open the jar add as much ice as it will hold and pour in however much coffee cream I feel the need for, this stuff is sweeeet so you won't need much. Sometimes I add a bit of milk or creamer if I want it milkier than sweet. Then I give it a stir, grab a straw and start my day. That is it, all done, as Mickey Mouse would say "Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!" Now if you don't have a Keurig you could make a small pot or just put some back from some you made earlier the day before, whatever works for you.



Iced Coffee Cream
1 12oz can evaporated milk
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
stir together, pour into a container and refrigerate until ready to use.
This makes enough for a full weeks worth of iced coffee for me and the hubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment