Image Map

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pistachio Cranberry and Goat Cheese Truffles

   This is not the post I planned on sharing today. These cheese truffles are good, I mean, can you go wrong with pistachio and cranberry? I don't think so. My original plan, was to post the smoothie I had for breakfast and lunch yesterday and for lunch at least twice a week for the past month. Unfortunately, when I tried to upload the images they weren't there. I have no clue what I did, but I'll try again when I'm not propping I'm eyes open with toothpicks to stay awake.


      These are a quick and easy appetizer to throw together for a party or dinner with friends. It would be so easy to make and customize them, the possibilities are endless. I made these and my mom made a cream cheese, cheddar and almond version for my Granny's birthday party. This would also be a great little recipe to whip up and stick in the fridge and pull out one with a couple of crackers for a quick afternoon snack.



Makes 18-24
Pistachio Cranberry Goat Cheese Truffles

10 oz goat cheese
1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pistachios

In a medium sized bowl , combine cheese and cranberries, mashing with a fork or spatula. Spread Pistachios out onto parchment paper and set aside. Using a teaspoon scoop a small amount out and roll in a ball. They should be about 1 to 1 1/2 inches across. Roll the truffle in chopped nuts and set aside. Continue with the remaining cheese mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment