Image Map

Monday, September 5, 2011

A Chef in the Making...



Much like me to my dismay, Caleb loves him some TV. So most of our day is spent negotiating. Our conversations sound like this, 
Caleb: "My watch Giego" (Go Diego Go)
Me: "Maybe later buddy"
Caleb: "Giego, Giego. GIEGO!!!!!!!"
Me: "Later, go play with your toys. Do you want to read a book?"
And then another hour of begging. And I will admit he has learned how to con me; with smooches.

Caleb: "My watch Cues Cues" (Blue's Clues, with Steve's little hand motion)
Me: "after lunch ok?"
Caleb: "PWEASEEEEEEEEEEE"
Me: "Fine" (imagine the exasperation in my voice)

But there is one thing he LOVES to watch, almost as much as Diego, Imagination Movers, Handy Manny, Yo Gabba Gabba (I could go for days here!!!!) etc... That one thing that stops him in his tracks while he and I stare blankly enthralled in whatever is on the screen. FOOD NETWORK! Every single time! We both especially love Nigella Lawson and Aarti Sequeira. I love, love, LOVE how he pulls the step stool, which he has nicked named MO MO, into the kitchen if I so much as pick up a pot. Last night while we were watching Aarti, which I missed most of because of his head blocking the TV, he would run back to me on the couch exclaiming "Beans! She cook Beans! I wike Beans!" "Cheese, she make Cheese!!!" So terribly cute. He simply amazes me at how at not quite two years old he has a passion for something that is so adult. I truly hope he keeps that love and joy and never loses it.

No comments:

Post a Comment