Image Map

Friday, September 2, 2011

A Happy Hubby AKA Apple Crisp


     I wanted to make something for Lee to welcome him home. Something that makes him feel warm and fuzzy, so I made one of the easiest things in my repertoire, but is one of his favorites. I used to make this all the time when we were first married, but it has severely fallen out of use. I think I stopped making it because I'm always exploring new recipes and flavors, but sometimes the same ole, same ole is what you really need. It is super easy and super good. 




The Ingredients:
The apple base
6 apples, peeled and sliced in the juice of a lemon
1/8 cup agave nectar
1/8 cup raw sugar
1/8 cup AP or Wheat flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, I don't always add it)
salt AND black pepper to taste (trust me here)

The streusel topping
3/4 c up raw oats
1/8 raw sugar
2 large pinches AP flour
1/2 stick (4 TBSP butter)

White Chocolate for drizzling





Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine and mix all ingredients for apple base. Pour into a small casserole dish. 


See the flecks of pepper????? trust me!
Next combine remaining ingredients leave a few small bits of butter to top.
Cover apple mixture with streusel mixture and drop bit of butter in a few spots. 
Bake uncovered for 25-30 minustes or until brown and bubbly.


Melt white chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds, stir if not melted completely put back in and heat to 10 second intervals, stirring in between each. Be careful, white chocolate burns easily. Drizzle over crisp.



Serve warm.



♥ And they all live happily ever after. The End. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment