Image Map

Monday, September 12, 2011

A Night of New Recipes.... Orange Chicken and Peas


This chicken recipe has been patiently waiting in my "Recipes To Try" folder for months now and I finally decided to try it. Honestly I was a bit skeptical of it. I was wrong, it was wonderful. I figured while I was at it I would finally use the frozen peas in my freezer. Lee and I both HATE the texture of peas but I don't want to stop Caleb from trying new food just because we don't like them. So for that reason I reluctatnly bought some peas a month or so ago and decided since I was afraid of the result of the chicken I might as well go for broke and make a brand new dinner.

We had Crispy Skinned Orange Chicken and Pea Puree. For the Chicken recipe go here. I added a little Sriracha because I cannot get enough of that stuff. For the peas I was inspired by Nigella Lawson's pea puree but I did not follow the recipe exactly. I didn't have creme fraiche and I omitted the mint and Parmesan. I used milk and a bit of cream cheese and added parsley.  I added too much milk so we decided it was Cream of Pea Soup. We liked it very much.

 When I started plating everything I thought it was a funny little sight. Caleb's dishes are a kid's set from Ikea and he almost always eats off of them. Lee's and mine are different because I wanted a smaller bowl therefor I used matching plates for each of our bowls. I bought the white set from Pier 1 a million years ago and the pink set was a random find in the Target Dollar Spot, in the front of the store. It made me think of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment