Image Map

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Robot Party Part 2

I didn't get all those little details done ahead of time like I planned. But Sunday through Wednesday I was sick. I wasn't just under the weather I was so congested that I had to sit several times because the room was spinning. Not cool, not cool at all! So crafting was out of the question. But thing did turn our very well at the last minute. Decoartion wise I think I did rathter well.


The food table had a gray backdrop which was a full size flat sheet that I bought at Wal-mart. You can buy the sheets separately and it is very inexpensive. I also bought two twin size orange sheet for the table cloths. I cut out two robots with my Cricut and printed Caleb's initials in a roboty, yep I just made that up, type font onto 8 1/2 x 11 white card stock and attached the robots to card stock also. I added strips of robot themed scrapbook paper to the tops and bottom to make them look more custom and add more color. I also did the same thing for the drink table. I made a sign that said "refueling station" and added strips of the same print. We filled a huge galvanized bucket with ice, water, soft drinks and juice boxes.

My husband  and Brother-in-law built a back drop using strips of wood then nailed the sheet very carefully onto it. My cousin, Angie, but you will hear me refer to her as Bob, came early to help so I had her attach the letters, the number two and the robots but the sticky foam I planned on using kept flying off. So they tried stitching it on. Which meant they had to take the back drop down and put it back together.  Next time I will plan better. I wanted the table right up against it but we set the table while the back drop was still down and then couldn't move it back. So its not exactly what I had in mind but I think it still turned out cute especially in my last minute, fly by the seat of your pants planning style. I ♥ you Bob!
 
I got really lucky with this guy. I found him at Oriental Trading on sale along with some super cute robot napkins. Caleb likes him very much and now I have to figure out where to put him in my house!


Lee drew Plex, The Magic Robot from Yo Gabba Gabba the morning of the party. I think he's pretty cute. I now have to find some huge, cute poster frame for him because Caleb obviously wants to keep him.

 I cut everything out for the banner using letters I printed, cut into 4 inch squares and printed scrapbook paper cut into 5 inch squares and two small robots cut out with the Cricut. Once again I handed a glue gun to Sharon, my MIL and put her to work. I am really happy with how it turned out too. I love the thought of mixing different patterns for a cohesive and custom look.

Like I said in the last post I dressed us to match. I wore an orange sweater and jeans. I also found the cutest robot necklace and earrings.

My mom found an orange and gray robot shirt for Caleb, at Wal-mart of all places. I looked everywhere and on every website to find a robot shirt in our color scheme and they were the only ones to have it. He just work a pair of his regular khakis and his converse. Lee wore his jeans and  a t-shirt that he already had that Caleb swears has a robot on it and an orange button-up. It was too warm for the long sleeved shirt so he barley had it on.

And that is it for decorations. Tomorrow's post will be on the food and the recipes we used.

No comments:

Post a Comment