Image Map

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Blood Orange, Carrot and Pineapple

I know, I know, a juice that isn't green, you must think I've gone nutty! And it is gooooooood! Of course I have been on a major blood orange kick recently, somethings never change. It was a bit too spicy for the Mr. but I like the major ginger kick. He only likes ginger since he started juicing last year, before that he HATED it. Now he loves it and will even drink ginger ale and I don't have to lie bout if it is in food now. But this juice might have been over the line for him, I just happen to really like the spice from it. Maybe its because my Grandpa used to sneak a very strong spicy ginger ale to me in my sippy cup. My Mom would get so mad at him but he kept doing it anyway. He was a rebel like that. Even though I rarely drink ginger ale now I still love that bright heat that you get from fresh ginger. If you think its too much either use less ginger or toss in a frozen banana and blend it up and make it into a smoothie. 


This juice makes 2 to 3 meal replacement servings
Blood Orange, Carrot and Pineapple Juice
3 large or 4 small blood oranges
5 carrots
1/3 of a pineapple
1 apple
a 3 inch chunk of ginger

Process everything through the fjuicer, or blender then strain and drink. Or refrigerate first, I often do.


No comments:

Post a Comment