Image Map

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sweet Potato, Pineapple, Orange, Carrot, Ginger and Coconut Water Juice {Orange You Happy Juice}

Another post of an orange juice? Do I have a new favorite color? Maybe. While I was preggo I hate hate hated sweet potato juice. The husband LOVED it so he convinced me to try it again and SURPRISE! I like it! Sounds crazy, but paired with the right fruits and veg it is wonderful. Today's orange beauty was sweet potato, pineapple, orange, carrot and ginger topped off with coconut water to get my good and hydrated after this morning's doozy of a work out. I sipped on it while I cooled off and relaxed on my porch. 


Orange You Happy Juice
(makes two full glasses this size, perfect for breakfast or an after workout pick me up)
1/2 a sweet potato
2 med/large carrots
1/4 of a fresh pineapple
2 large oranges
a hunk of ginger
coconut water

Juice your fruit and veggies and strain. Pour into two glasses and top off with Coconut Water to fill your glasses. Chill and enjoy.

*No matter how much you strain this juice it is going to be slightly pulpy due to the orange and sweet potato. For juices like these I prefer to use the "blender cups" that have little wire ball that resembles a whisk in the bottom. When it settles you can shake it up and all is wonderful and no longer gritty feeling. 

**I don't think that using these juices as a meal replacement is a way of life however I do enjoy for breakfast often and lunch from time to time. They are filling and healthy. I give them to my my oldest to drink between meals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment