Image Map

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Just Beet It {Watermelon Beet Berry Juice}

Michael Jackson inspired my juice today y'all! Just Beet It juice!!!! I'm feeling very punny today guys. Get it punny? Funny?  Punny? No? Not funny? Never mind me I've been viewing a few to many children's TV shows lately. Yeah... So anyway... On to the juice!
I was very skeptical of putting something that smelled just like dirt in my sweet watermelon juice but I was brave and put on my big girl pants and made this little darling. Since my watermelon was on it's last leg, I juiced the whole thing at one time. I have enough of this juice to last three days if no one else drinks it. The hubs was already at work when I made it and hasn't tasted it yet. I think he will like it though.
The watermelon and berries really cover up the overwhelming beet flavor. My little helper held his nose while I juiced the beet and until the smell cleared the kitchen. I was scared I just wasted money on something I wouldn't drink but I may even add more beets... maybe... We will see how brave I'm feeling next time. I am considering adding some club soda to my next serving and having a watermelon beet soda of sorts. We shall see though.


Watermelon Beet Berry Juice
for a pitcher full
Juice or blend and strain the following:
1 watermelon
3 beets
8-10 strawberries
2 handfuls of blueberries
4 apples
coconut water to taste

for a smaller portion
Juice or blend and strain the following:
1/4 of a watermelon
1/2 a beet
3 strawberries
1/2 handful of blueberries
1 apple
coconut water to taste

(I imagine blackberries would be wonderful but I was out this time)

No comments:

Post a Comment