Image Map

Friday, October 4, 2013

Weeknight Nachos



Have you ever gotten obsessed with a meal? Oh, come on, I know I'm not the only one! Ok, so maybe I am. I have been hooked on nachos since my little brother's graduation this past May. It's a long story but I'm going to tell you anyway. My poor brother picked a restaurant for dinner after the ceremony and the place is packed and basically tells us to go away. Off we go to his second choice. where they lie and say they're closed even though the hours posted said they would be open a couple more hours but they were packed too. So, another two restaurants later we wound up at Denny's. I was all "wah wah wahhhhhh" but then I ordered their nachos. Y'all, I'm not going to lie, those were some stinkin good nachos. Since that night I've made so many different variations of nachos it's ridiculous. These are my favorite and one of the easiest too. 

Serves 4-6

tortilla chips
salsa (I used Pioneer Woman's restaurant salsa
sour cream
I usually add, but didn't have, spinach or lettuce  
avocado

For the meat:
1 pound ground turkey
2 tablespoons taco seasoning (My recipe)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/3 cup beef broth

Over medium high heat, start to brown your meat, stirring and mashing to break it up. Once the meat is just beginning to brown, add the taco seasoning. Continue to stir and mash. Once the meat is almost browned, add in the tomato paste and the broth. Cook until all the liquid has cooked away and meat is done. 

For cheese sauce:
1 8 oz block cream cheese
1/2-1 cup milk
1 8 oz block Monterrey Jack cheese , grated 

In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, start to melt the cream cheese. Using a spatula, break it into large chunks and once it starts to melt, add 1/2 cup milk. Start stirring with a whisk to break up lumps. Once it's smooth stir in your grated cheese and whisk smooth. Add more milk if too thick. It should be a pour-able texture.

Layer your nachos the way you like and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment