Image Map

Friday, November 15, 2013

Currently.


I am on the mend! I've been to a Dr for a couple of my medical issues and I am beginning to feel more like myself! I've been on antibiotics for Bronchitis and I'm being monitored for my blood pressure problems. I have a few other things I need to figure out before I can say I'm 100% where I want to be.

Also...
*** HAPPY DANCE BREAK***
I lost 20 pounds over the past year! That doesn't sound like a lot, but as hard as I have struggled to lose anything, it is a major accomplishment! I've stayed away from scales, because I wanted to focus on how I felt and looked but, they weighed me at at the doctor's office and until then I had no idea how much I actually lost.

My being so sick the past couple of weeks made me realize, I really need to teach my husband a few easy dishes that we normally have the ingredients for. He can make quesadillas like a pro and make a basic breakfast, but, that is about it. He and I both have been planning on him learning a few of my recipes, but after resorting to take out and fast food, while I was just too weak or dizzy to stand for long periods of time, makes me realize we need to get on that ASAP! Especially when we are on a mission to save a major amount of money and payoff most, if not all debts over 2014, something like that can throw a major kink in your budget. Plus, eating out will wreck you diet and give your kids little to no nutritional items! Anyone have any healthy and delicious beginner friendly meals? I'd love some suggestions!

I'm obsessed with this Christmas Bucket List! I'm making my own, probably to be post about later.

I've also started making some homemade Christmas gifts for this year. Here are some from last year. I love giving gifts, not over top crazy forget the reason for Christmas greedy gifts, but, I love giving something special and meaningful to people. Like, when my Brother-in-law realized he found his one and only soul mate and proposed on Christmas Eve, we bought them a silver ornament with "Our First Christmas" and the date engraved on it. It was also a locket for them to put a picture of the that night in it. That kind of gift is something that they will have on their tree for years and will always love. Things like homemade extract and spice rubs to the other food loving people in my family. And, of course we are making ornaments for the grandparents again this year because how sweet is that? Something that will remind them that we care when the use it or look at it. There are tons of suggestions on Pinterest.

On the menu this week:
Vanilla Salt
DIY Chocolate Coconut Sugar Scrub
Homemade Sriracha
French Silk Pie ON A STICK!!!
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Crockpot Pulled Pork Chili

One last thing, well actually two things. What do you think of the "Pin It" buttons on all of the photos? Do my links on the top and sides of the page work/appear for you? I like the "Pin It" option but I know some find it distracting so I'd love to hear what you think. And, I can no longer see my link but if I scroll over where they should be, they work. Not sure what's going on there but I do need to know if I need to fix them.

Last, last thing I swear. What are you planning this weekend? I'm working at my real job and doing monds and mounds of dishes and laundry that I got behind on. Maybe some crafting if I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment