Image Map

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Strawberry White Hot Chocolate

I love everything Valentine's Day, mostly because I love pink and hearts, but we don't really celebrate it. It just isn't a priority. I'll make some treats and we will go out to dinner at some point, but nothing more than a normal date night. Of course, our anniversary and my birthday surround it and I better get treated like a queen those days! I'm just selectively high maintenance. It works well for us.

But......

I made you a present. I hope you like it. Since I can't give it to you, I gave it to my guys for Valentines Day.


It's super easy. And delicious.


To start go make this Strawberry Syrup. It's handy to have around.
And it's so much better than the fake stuff you can buy at the store.


Then make this hot chocolate but let's change a few things. 
See below or the full recipe! 



Strawberry White Hot Chocolate
serves 4


8 oz white chocolate, chopped 
2 cups milk
1 1/4 tablespoons cornstarch

In a a saucepan, over med/low heat, heat your chocolate and strawberry syrup. Stirring often, do not let the chocolate burn. Once the chocolate is melted, whisk in 1 3/4 cup milk, making sure that all the chocolate and milk combine evenly. In a small bowl stir the remaining milk and cornstarch together, making sure there are no lumps. Stir it into the hot chocolate and let it cook until thickened, stirring often. Serve warm with whipped cream, marshmallows or alone. (I prefer unsweetened whipped cream)



No comments:

Post a Comment