Image Map

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Cherry Berry Coconut Smoothie {Violet Smoothie}



I have mentioned my picky eater situation before. Since I have to force feed this kid most veggies and several fruits, I decided to get creative. After the continued success with the green smoothie and the fact we have been talking about food coming in all different colors, like the rainbow, I have decided to make him "smoothies of the spectrum." Over the next few weeks, I plan to sneak new flavors into his smoothies and juices under the guise of tasting all the colors in the rainbow. Grocery shopping will be a blast matching all the colors and flavors together. 




   This is the first of colors we are doing is purple. This may not be the only purple smoothie or juice I make through this process because I liked it and L loved it, but C was not totally enamored with it. I'm not totally sure why he didn't love it. Normally, it would have been the type of smoothie he would declare his new favorite, but whatever his reasoning is, he proclaimed this one to be just okay. I should make it again when he's in a more agreeable mood. Clearly from the pictures below that little dude LOVED it, in fact he tried to steal mine. 






Cherry Berry Coconut Smoothie
Serves 3-4

1 large handful frozen cherries
1 small handful blueberries
1 cup coconut water
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tablespoon flaxseed

Combine everything in a blender and blend until all produce is broken up, seeds are no longer visible and has a milkshake like consistency. Drink immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment