Image Map

Saturday, June 15, 2013

What's for dinner??? And other random stuff...


Some of these things aren't actually dinner, but whatever, who cares, I don't. Do you? Good, besides we ate them and they were delicious. These are things that I am either still tweaking the recipes or won't be blogging for one reason or another. I post these because often time I'll look at a recipe and don't follow it, I tweak things and put my own spin on it so, I post these pictures as a jumping off point for other people to get ideas. I also like to look back at them and get ideas for myself. 

California Chicken Burger
a chicken burger with teriyaki mushrooms, bacon, avocado, spinach and horseradish.
Sooooooo good!!!!

BBQ Chicken Nachos 
tortilla chips covered in shredded BBQ chicken, colby cheese, monterey jack cheese, jalapenos and sour cream. Not great for the diet but great for a pig out night in front of the TV with the honey.  

My old favorite, it's regular repeat around here.

Fish Tacos 
grilled tilapia with cumin and lime and friend in a taco shell served with honey lime slaw fresh mango and guacamole. I will post the recipe for this one day but I've yet to make them the same way twice. Once I master it I'll be sharing it. We eat these weekly in the summer. 


Homemade Tomato Soup and Gruyere and Mozzarella Grilled Cheese

Fudgy Chocolate Doughnut with Salted Caramel Glaze
Tweaking this recipe as well. These are wonderful but I'm nit quite satisfied.

Mango Oatmeal with Local Honey

Twisted Chicken and Waffles 
blueberry wholewheat waffles with coconut chicken and blueberry coconut syrup and candies bacon.
Sounds weird but was really very good.

Summer Salad 
mixed lettuce with turkey, white cheddar, mango and avocado and citrus vinaigrette  

Coconut Fudge Cupcakes
coconut cupcakes with fudge frosting and fresh coconut

Texas Sheet Cake



Now on to the other happening around here aka picture of my kids....


 My Monkey playing in the yard just before Spring.

 Bathtime snuggles with the Doodlebug

 Someone stole his brother's cracker and since has been eating table food only.
No more baby mush for this guy. 

My Hydrangea is blooming!!!!

Monkey has really been enjoying gardening with me aka digging for worms . He has been having conversations with them too. He can't seem to understand why they are scared of him.

Also gardening with a 3 year means dirt fights. I had bugs in my hair. Gross! Boys are gross! 

No comments:

Post a Comment