Image Map

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Currently.

My Doodlebug turned 1 last Sunday, y'all. I don't like it one bit. He's not supposed to grow. I still owe you a post for that. Next week, I promise.

Also, I'm going to apologize in advance for there being spotty posts for the next couple of weeks. I'm not sure what is going on with me but I don't feel well. And for me to admit that means I really don't feel well. After the hubs business trip, in a couple of weeks, I'm scheduling an appointment with a doctor. Other than while pregnant, I haven't been to a doctor since I was probably 16. And before any of my family gets any ideas; No I am NOT pregnant! :) But hopefully a doctor can either help me or point me in the right direction. 

Tonight (Friday) is usually date night so I was going to try to cook a real meal for us, which hasn't been happening much lately. But now he's working late, so we are having these, swapping the blue cheese for mozzarella. Unlike me, the husband HATES blue cheese. We've had them before and wow, I mean WOW, why didn't I think of this? (Also, I'm writing this the night before posting it so I'm not crazy I do know what day it is, usually.)

I've been window shopping the internets for a couch for a bit, we won't be buying for a long while, but ours has seen better days and since it was an impulse buy that has not lasted nearly long enough, I'm prepping before we dive into another. But I kind of really want this dude. Its so impractical and I'm sure, won't be around when we get around to it but, I love it! Plus he doesn't match my color scheme at all. I would have to redo the whole living room and hope the boys didn't ruin it. Guess I'll keep searching and find something a little less in your face.

While I'm sitting here typing this I get a text from Bob, she's my cousin, yes SHE, but that's another story for another time, yeah so back to the point, she sends me a text saying she thought of me because she and her Mister were making ham and couldn't decide if it was country ham or city ham. Back earlier in the summer we, along with my bestie, went to see NKOTB and Boyz II Men, your totes jeally right? (I apologize for the end of that sentence, I am definitely not hip/cool/not awkward enough to pull that off!) So, you're saying what do they have to do with ham? Wellllll, give me a minute, I'm getting there. So we stopped at an awful waffle, which I LOVE by the way, and although we had all eaten there a trillion times we had never seen this before, there was an option for country ham and city ham. We, being the county bumpkins we are, had no clue what that meant started snorting with laughter and Googling this phenomenon. Guess it not really a phenomenon but whatever. We were all shocked that there was such a thing a "city ham" although we had all eaten it throughout or lives we just called it ham! It also made me start singing this spicy little tidbit Monkey watched over and over on my phone. You should also watch the Grandma's Special Pants video. Makes me think of my Granny. Shhhhh... Don't tell her, she's mean, y'all.

Judging by my last paragraph I think I'm sleep deprived. I blame the one year old, he's got teeth coming in like CRAZY!

Here are a few of my favorite recipes that I'm dying to try from this week.
This handy little number is on the menu for the week the Daddy Monsster is out of town and the munchkins need some cheering up. I love anything s'mores but frozen s'more pops! Whaaaatttt!?!!? This one isn't from this week but this ice cream needs to be in my mouth pronto! This cake is on the to make list.

And if you want a totally obnoxious amount of recipes and party pins follow me here.

I made this to hang over the boys play kitchen, which is going to be making its way into my kitchen so they can get the chef on while I get my domestic goddess on.

No comments:

Post a Comment