Image Map

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Watermelon Coconut Cooler


Summer feels like its slipping through my fingers. I'm not sure why that's such a big deal to me. My kids aren't school age and we don't usually take a vacation in the summer, so it doesn't affect my day to day routine. Maybe its the thought that I won't be eating watermelon, berries, pineapple, mangoes, kiwis and coconut nearly as often in a couple of months. I love fresh produce. Send me to a farmer's market and I'm like a kid in a candy store. I'm just not ready for pumpkins and squash just yet. We are eating fresh and raw like nobodies business around here, well except for the Taco Bell we ate last night but try not to hold that against me. I'm not even sure Taco Bell in real food but every once in a while I can't help but indulge. Judge me, I deserve it...


Anyway... Back to real food. My Mom had a cookout last weekend and the food was amazing a usual. Not to brag or anything but my family can cook! This summery deliciousness was one of the drinks we served. The other was sweet tea with flavored syrups but more on that at a later date. This is a simple naturally sweet and refreshing drink that you can serve instead of punch and not worry about any extra funky business that you can't pronounce being in it. I love this stuff!!! It tastes like summer. Better yet while I was sipping on it I thought I heard waves. Maybe I just really need to go to the beach! Hint, hint husband!



Watermelon Coconut Cooler:
Juice of 1/2 a watermelon
36 oz coconut water (we used the kind with pulp)
1 lime, juiced

To juice the watermelon, cut you melon in chunks and either run through a  juicer or pop in a blender and blend until liquid and strain through a fine mesh strainer. Combine watermelon juice, coconut water, and lime juice. Refrigerate and serve cold!


*To make sparkling add a 2 liter of Sprite of Club Soda.
**Cut the remaining watermelon into chinks and freeze and stir in to keep it cold without watering it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment